Friday, May 11, 2012

Found Fridays {Just In Time For Mother's Day}

I have been well over due for a little thrift store scouting since I have been out of town the past couple of weeks but lucky me I have had the past 2 days relatively freed up so I could do just that! Normally I have myself on my brain and what I like but just in time for Mothers Day I stumbled upon a partial set of these "Liberty Blue" dishes from Staffordshire China {8 dinner, 8 saucers, 7 b&b, 3 tea cups and 1 bowl}.  I was able to bargain with the lady and got them for $40 instead of $55.  To be honest, I would have bought them for $55 either way cause the going rate per plate is almost $10..but anyways back to Mothers Day...My mother is hooked on this collection...in fact she has an almost complete set for not just 8 but 80 people.  While I might be tempted to keep them for myself, I decided it would be the perfect Mothers Day gift for her.  So, I am packing them up all safe and secure and shipping them out...I just hope they get there in time! 

A note on the "Liberty Blue"...According to Robbins Nest website it was designed in and sold in 1976 to commemorate America's 200th anniversary celebration of the signing of the Declaration of Independence.  It was made by Enoch Wedgewood in the Staffordshire district of England in the tradition of the 19th century Staffordshire historical blue china.  This china features various scenes all referencing early American historical events.  


Happy Mothers Day Mom!!  

Creatively Yours,
Cassandra Stearns

No comments:

Post a Comment