Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Paris and Rome..I Didn't Wanna Go Home!

Sorry for skipping out on my posting dutys last week but I happened to be on a very belated honeymoon in Paris...following with a short stop in Rome.  It was an amazing trip despite a few bumps here and there (i.e rainy weather and missed flights and have lots of inspiration pics to share!  With that you all know I wouldn't travel abroad without trying to find a local flea market to scout out the local good finds! After plenty of research I narrowed it down to heading just north of Paris to Port de Clignancourt, known for the "Les Puces de Saint-Ouen" a.k.a. The Flea Market of Saint-Ouen. We were able to get there via the metro in just 20 minutes time! 



Streets full of antique dealers at every foot seem to be a permanent fixture here unlike the ones i'm familiar with in the states that just pop up and down each week..I was in heaven!  Since I had been looking for vintage brass fixtures for my night-stands for some time now these were the first priority item to look for.  You should have seen my eyes when I turned around the corner and saw crates full of them!



 I dug and dug and found several pieces I liked individually but couldn't find any two the same...Since I needed 8 total I decided to keep moving on and scout out another favorite indulgence...vintage dishware!  Tons, and tons of it filled each vendor space like nothing I have ever seen! If it weren't for the difficulty and cost to transport such fragile finds I may have had to splurge...most of it late 18th and early 19th century...But seriously, what a feast for my eyes!   


  Next on to fabric...


 And I finally ended up stumbling upon these early 20th century perfume and toiletry glass bottles and labels in new and unused condition all marked on the bottom as being Made In France....Tons left over from companies that never used them all....I immediately thought of my friends Kimber and Cassa who in addition to their mother have started an all organic and natural skin care line called Lollique! Being that they and the name of their business are of French descent,  I thought these would be a fitting gift to them.  They have been on the lookout themselves for vintage glass vessels to use for their products so why not these?!... 


   
While I could have spent a fortune on all the goodies I found this trip I had to restrain myself.  I now know its a must for my next trip to to put aside a little business money for some one of kind treasures that can't be found anywhere else!  For now, happy travels!

Creatively Yours,
Cassandra Stearns 

No comments:

Post a Comment